Do you feel a desire to hold him and tell him everything is going to be okay?
Are you showing up for your husband with compassion, caring and kindness?
Are you allowing yourself to be pleased with him?
I feel that men get overlooked so easily when it comes to relationships. Men have deep emotional needs just like us women do. They may shut down easier or push their desires aside but they long for love, approval and acceptance. Men actually long for this emotional connection with their wife. She has the power to make him feel as thou he is on the top of the world, arriving full of confidence, power and passion. She too has the power to make him feel as small and worthless as a tiny grain of sand. Men want to feel needed, wanted, cared for and approved of. Men long for unconditional love, a great sexual connection and a satisfied wife. This is what he is built for. His natural instinct is to please.
I know that this may not feel like the case. It may feel more like he is constantly withdrawing and retreating. It may feel like he is shutting us out and living in his own reality. It may feel like he is there but not there.
To him, this is the way he copes with the feeling of disappointing his queen.
So lets start rebuilding the relationship between husband and wife.
Here are a few things that I have found that allows my man to feel loved and approved of. Some are super easy and some are creating a more vulnerable experience.
- Serve your husband breakfast, lunch and dinner. I know that this may seem old school but this is a tradition that still takes place in our household and it is amazing how this small gesture creates feelings of love, appreciation and connectedness. I love taking care of my man. The feminine is soft, sweet, sensual and kind. Show him you love and care for him with this small, easy gesture.
- Ask him how his day was and no matter what the answer just listen and acknowledge. Be there for him. Love him and try to understand him. After he shares then ask him if you can get anything for him? This small gesture of kindness will allow him to feel your caring nature.
- Ask him questions about the things that excite him. Listen and share your thoughts and feelings with kindness and compassion. My husband loves college football, golf and he enjoys being educated when it comes to politics. So I will ask him about these things, even thou they are not my favorite things , I know they are his and he is one of my favorite things:)
- Touch him and caress him. Most men love the feel of touch. They long for the feminine energy we have to offer. Sit by your man and softly brush his arm with your fingertips , or squeeze his shoulders with some good pressure, or run your fingers through his hair. Show him that you long for him to be pleased physically.
- Show him that you want to please him sexually. Men have a deep desire for an intimate connections. Ask him what he would like in the bedroom? You will be amazed at how simple his request will be. If you don't want to ask then slowly rub him, undress him, seduce him. Men enjoy sex. Women enjoy sex. You are a woman and he is a man so go and enjoy sex together.
Take time and show up for your man. I promise you will both be pleased with the results